1. Data Protection at Chemistree GmbH
We’d like to take this opportunity to give you important and necessary information regarding data protection at Chemistree GmbH. We respect your privacy and therefore we take all the necessary legal measures to protect it. This Data Protection Declaration is designed to inform you, in a clear and understandable way, what type of personal data we collect from you and what we do with it. In addition to that, you will receive all the information about your legal rights. In the next paragraph you’ll find out who you can contact personally if you have any questions regarding data safety and security.
2. Who are we?
Chemistree GmbH is a service provider located in Isamaning near Munich in Germany.
Represented by the Managing Director
Phone: + 49 (0) 89 / 95 42 38 64
It is not legally binding for Chemistree GmbH to nominate a Data Protection Officer. Please direct any questions regarding data protection and security personally to Mrs. Rosmarie Steiniger, address and contact details as above.
3. What does Data Processing mean?
Data processing means collecting, storing, using, utilising or deleting personal data. Basically, this is all type of information with which a natural person can be identified.
4. Who is this Data Protection Declaration aimed at?
This Data Protection Declaration is aimed at
- natural persons that register on our website in order to take part in a matching process
- other natural persons that visit our website, use our online services or that have or want to contact us in any other way.
5. What type of personal data do we collect and when do we do that?
We collect and process personal data when you visit our website, when you register on our website, when you fill in questionnaires as part of our matching processes (please see more information under point 6) or if you contact us via telephone, letter, fax or email. This all happens no matter if you already have a business relationship with us or not.
As a rule, we process the following personal data:
Personal data that serves to identify you
- This includes first and foremost your first and last name, if applicable the name and address of your company, your email address and phone number as well as all personal information that you share with us.
- Information and data that your share while filling is questionnaires as part of a matching process
When you fill in a questionnaire to take part in a matching process, questions will include data regarding your position in a company, your professional experience, your personal preferences, values, likes, interests as well as your attitude towards other people.
- Data about your online behaviour as well as online settings that you have made
This includes IP addresses and data relating to your visits on our website (e. g. time and duration of enquires, pages searched, access status, data volume transmitted, web address the query was started from, browser used including language and version, operating system and interface).
In addition to the data mentioned above, using our website will place cookies on your computer. Cookies are small text files that will be associated with your browser and placed on your hard drive. These cookies will relay certain information to whoever placed the cookie (in this case, this will be Chemistree GmbH). Cookies cannot run programs or pass on viruses onto your computer. They help to generally make the internet offer more user friendly and effective.
Most of the cookies we use are so called session cookies. These are automatically deleted when you finish using our website. Other cookies remain on your computer until you delete them. The cookies help us to recognise your browser when you next visit our website.
You can configure your browser to be alerted to cookies being placed and you can only allow certain cookies, you can block certain cookies or block them altogether and can activate auto delete of all cookies when you close your browser. If you de-activate cookies, the functionality of this website may be limited.
Cookies that are necessary for the electronic communication process are stored according to article 6, sentence 1 (f) DS–GMO. In this case, we have a legitimate interest in storing cookies in order to supply our services without technical faults and to the optimum level.
- Special categories of personal data
Chemistree GmbH does not store and use sensitive data that are defined under article 9 GDPR, i.e. we do not store health data, data containing political opinions, religious or other beliefs and/or information about union membership. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us, should you require any further information.
6. How do we use your data and on what legal basis do we do this?
We use your data on the following legal basis: Fulfilling contractual obligations, consent, justified interest after consideration of interest.
- Data processing to fulfil contractual obligations
We process your data in order to fulfil and existing contract with you or in order to carry out preparation work prior to entering into a contract with you. In order to contact you, we need data such as your name, address, company, phone number and email address.
- Data processing on the basis of consent
Data processing is generally legal if we have your consent for using your data for certain purposes. Just to clarify: You can withdraw this consent at any given time, no matter when the consent was given. The legal basis for data processing remains intact until it is withdrawn.
Special information for the matching process used by Chemistree GmbH:
If you take part in a matching process and fill in a questionnaire as part of this process, data processing will always be carried out based on your consent. This consent comprises the processing of data as well as the resulting distribution of your contact data to a third party. To make this more transparent for you, please read below for more information in order to fully understand what you are consenting to:
Data processing as part of a matching process is, amongst other things, based on data efficiency, transparency and confidentiality.
All data gathered will only ever be stored on German servers.
If you take part in a matching process, you will, after potentially having to register, fill in a questionnaire on our website. The data you enter there will be processed using an algorithm in order to find the best possible match with another person, who has also filled in the questionnaire (a ‚tandem’). Depending on the requirements of our client, certain terms or details can vary, the methodology of the matching, however, will stay the same.
After the matching process, you will receive contact data of your matched partner and you can contact them. That is the aim of the matching process.
Important: Your data is very secure and is exclusively stored in Chemistree GmbH databases. The data is encrypted.
If you take part on our matching process on the invitation of your employer, your employer will not have access to your data, this is especially true for your answers. This applies to all of management, the HR department and third parties.
A participant’s identifying and professional data (e. g. name, position, department) can be viewed as part of a community but only if the participant has given his or her explicit consent. Personal answers on the other hand cannot be viewed.
If you have registered as part of a matching process, you can view and amend your answers in the questionnaire at any time. If you want to delete your data, please refer to section 8 of the data protection declaration.
We do not use your data for profiling. Profiling is any automised processing of personal data in order to evaluate, analyse or predict any personal traits relating to a natural person.
In rare cases, clients can obtain information on the status of your participation (name, participation yes/no), as well as data on successfully matched teams (names of the people comprising that team). Should this be the case, we will explicitly notify you prior to participation in a separate declaration.
Chemistree GmbH can cumulate answers from questionnaires for internal training purposes. In such cases, we will, under no circumstances, assign answers to certain persons.
- Data processing on the basis of justified interest
If we process your data on the legal basis of justified interest, we will always carefully assess and evaluate this interest.
7. Who will get access to your data?
- Within Chemistree GmbH: In-house only those people and entities will have access to your data who need them to fulfil contractual or legal obligations and/or to protect justified interest.
- We will only pass on your data to entities outside Chemistree GmbH if you have given us your consent and/or so that we can honour our contractual or legal obligations.
- If we work with external service providers to honour or contractual obligations, we always sign a contract for order processing. We carefully select these service providers, they have to adhere to our instructions and we check them on a regular basis. We also make sure that the service providers can guarantee that any data processing is done in accordance with data protection laws and that the rights of the individual in question are protected.
- We will never pass on or sell your personal data to third parties.
8. What rights do you have?
In the following paragraphs we will inform you of your rights in relation to your personal data stored by us. In any case, please get in touch with us personally if you want to exercise any of your rights. Please see section 2 of this data protection declaration for more information.
You have the following rights:
- The right to disclosure, information and correction
You are entitled to full disclosure if we process personal data that affect you. If this is the case, you can invoke disclosure and information rights. Please see more information in paragraph 15 GDPR. Should your data be incorrect or incomplete, you can demand correction or completion. If we have passed on your data to third parties, we will also inform them of these rights.
- The right to deletion
You are entitled to demand the complete erasure and deletion of your data. This is referred to as ‚the right to be forgotten’. This right is based on the following reasons:
- Your personal data is no longer needed for the purposes they were collected for.
- You have withdrawn your consent and there is no more legal basis for processing your data.
- You do not agree to your data being processed and simultaneously, there are now overriding, protective reasons for the data to be processed.
- Your data was processed unlawfully.
- Your data has to be deleted in order to comply with legal requirements.
In this case, please contact us directly. We will delete your data immediately.
- The right the limit data processing
You can request limited processing of your data for one of the following reasons:
- If you dispute the accuracy of your data for a period of time that allows us to check their accuracy.
- If data processing was unlawful and you request a limit to the use of your data instead of deletion.
- If we do not need your data for processing anymore but we need it to prove, execute or defend legal claims.
- If you have objected to your data being processed and it is being established if your interests predominate.
- The right to data transfer
You have the right to receive personal data that you have supplied to us in a transferable format
- The right to objection
If you have given us your consent to data processing, you can withdraw that consent at any time. If we process data on the basis of justified interests, you can object at any time. This also applies to direct mail.
- The right to complain to a regulating authority.
You have the right to complain to a regulating authority of your choice.
9. How long do we store your data for?
We only store your data for as long as we need to for any given purpose. If your data are no longer needed to fulfil contractual or legal obligations they will be deleted unless storing your data is necessary, e. g. because of tax reasons.
In some cases, which we will inform you separately about, it is intended that so called communities are formed and grow. This makes it necessary for your data to be stored. We do not delete your data in such cases and/or we will only delete your data once their purpose has been reached or if you withdraw your given consent. Please contact us if you need further information.
10. The use of Google Analytics on our website
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. In case IP-anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address will be truncated within the area of Member States of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases the whole IP address will be first transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. The IP-anonymisation is active on this website. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing them other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
- The IP-address, that your Browser conveys within the scope of Google Analytics, will not be associated with any other data held by Google.
- This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". This causes all IP addresses to be stored in abbreviated form which thus rules out direct personal reference in connection with the stored data. Google transfers this information to third parties as applicable, insofar as this is required by law or third parties are to process this data for Google. You can prevent storage of data by setting your browser software so that cookies cannot be installed; however, we draw your attention to the fact that in this case you might not be able to use all the functions of this website. If the data collected about you is personally related to you, it will be immediately excluded and the personal data will be deleted immediately.
- We use Google Analytics to be able to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. Through the statistics that are accumulated in this manner, we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google submits to the EU-US Privacy Shield.
https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 (f) DS–GMO.
- Information about third-party providers: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001
User conditions: https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html
Overview of data protection: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
Data protection statement: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=de